Friday, March 31, 2017

TRAVELLING SKETCHBOOKS!



I have started exchanging travelling sketchbooks with two fellow artists.  We all started with a blank sketchbook and a subject.  We all decided to chose a colour to explore.  We do a few pages, before meeting up and passing the sketchbook on and receiving one of the others to add to!

The photographs above show my contribution to a 'turquoise' sketchbook.  I was following on from explorations previously done, using turquoise as a background colour.  This lead me onto an abstract textile artwork (see top right), using an article on using random prompts to aid the design. The article is included in the blue envelope.

Doing this exercise also lead me to produce a series of abstract cards, using a painted background with cut shapes collaged on. Shown here are a few examples dottted around this post.  I wouldn't have produced these, without having done the sketchbook pages first!


No comments:

Post a Comment