Tuesday, June 20, 2017

YET MORE CARDS!

When time is tight, as it is for me at the moment for creating artwork, cards and sketchbooks are an ideal way of keeping your hand in! Because of a family crisis, I have hardly visited my studio lately.  The last time I did, I found some half finished cards, which I have now completed...

The card on the right has a faint whiff of the collages of London born Pop Artist, Richard Hamilton, whose work I admire.  I particularly like his art of the early postwar decades when the world was rapidly changing.  His colourful, busy and playful collages embraces this with references to the influx of sophisticated consumer goods from the USA - especially the vulgar and everyday!


For the card above, I have returned to one of my favourite subjects - doors. Perhaps it would work as a card for someone who was moving house...


No comments:

Post a Comment