Thursday, November 9, 2017

LATEST WINDOW IN THE GALLERY FEATURES BUGS!


The latest window dressing in the One Craft Gallery features bugs!  About 10 years ago I made them for an installation entitled 'Swarm'.  I collaborated with a fellow artist in the South West Textile Group.  It was for an exhibition at the Slimbridge Wildfowl Trust in Gloucestershire.  We hung loads of our insects - her's were a different, but similar design using wire and plastics as the main materials.  We hung them with fishing line from a grid attached to the ceiling.

My bugs were made from foam, polystyrene balls, pipe cleaners, straws, raffia, muslin, plastic and wire.  As they were languishing in my attic, I brought them out to use and sell! I did make quite a quantity, so I have packaged bugs which can be sold and not disturb our window design.  One sold to a young boy the day after the window was done.  He wanted to decorate his bedroom with a creepy bug!


No comments:

Post a Comment